Version 2.65 (2021-02-09)
The Cloud API will be removed 30 April 2021
In late October, we announced that the Cloud API and all its endpoints will be removed by 30 April 2021. Please review your code to ensure you are not using the Cloud API. Kindly use Cloud REST API and Graph QL API instead.
Technical documentation available online
All technical documentation for Managed IoT Cloud, including API specifications, Release Notes, and Getting Started Guides, are available online: https://docs.telenorconnexion.com/mic/
Guide on MIC Device Management
MIC Device Management is a feature for device campaign type operations like remotely updating firmware, settings, instructions or data on the entire population, or part of the population of Things.
In addition to the existing API documentation and App Board tools, we have now added a Guide on how to use the Device Management capabilities of MIC. The guide also covers the MIC Connector and includes an example of firmware update. https://docs.telenorconnexion.com/mic/guides/device-management/
One of the items in the known limitations list have been solved, below described as it reads in the Permissions Guide.
- All users must have one System Role on their home domain. It is not possible to remove the System Role from a user, but you can replace it with another System Role.
In this version 2.65 we add App Board support for users without roles, in addition to the API support released in 2.64.
In summary this means you can now create users without supplying any roles and therefore users without system roles can be created and assigned custom roles instead. A user in App Board will be redirected to the settings menu if the user doesn’t have privileges to see the default page (Things overview), and the settings page will only show items according to the privileges the user has.
The Permissions guide has been updated to reflect the above.
Documentation on Permissions
- Guide to Permissions
- User Guide MIC App Board
- Presentation “Introduction to Permissions” (available on request as a pdf document)
Further Permissions capabilities will be added
Permissions will be extended with more capabilities over time, both by tackling known limitations and adding new capabilities. Please get in touch should you miss any specific capability.
Minor improvements and corrections
Minor enhancements and bug fixes are delivered by the new release, including:
- Fixed issue in App Board drop down component used in e.g. user edit and rule edit where domain was not visible or not properly displayed.
- Fixed issue with user verification for customers using both email and phone number as verification method.
- Fixed issue when updating a widget to enable set value. The widget didn’t always update on the first save, but this is now fixed.