Version 2.28 (2018-06-12)
Technical documentation available online
All technical documentation for Managed IoT Cloud, including API specifications, Release notes and Getting Started Guides, are available online: https://docs.telenorconnexion.com/mic/
Improved and new file widgets
The files widget is now available in both Thing Type dashboards and Thing dashboards. Using these widgets, files in the Thing Type bucket and the Thing bucket, respectively, can be viewed/downloaded, uploaded, and deleted. The look and feel of the widgets have been updated to align with the file browser released in the previous version.
Updated Thing API for invoke GetSignedUrl
The Thing API invoke call for uploading and downloading files to/from MIC (GetSignedUrl) has been updated to conform to the new file structure. This change is backwards compatible with how getSignedUrl worked previously and hence, no change is required in device applications.
For details, please see the technical documentation.
Real time data in time series and table widgets
Time series and table widgets have been enhanced with the capability to display real time data. In the widget configuration dialogue, the “Enable realtime” option will result in that the widget loads with the last resource observation available in the thing shadow, and the data series is then appended in real time as new resource observations are received.
The presentation is limited to the last 100 observations – when 100 values have been loaded, the oldest values are purged one-by-one as new updates are received.
Improved clarity on what data a widget displays
The widgets have gone through a complete update to enhance clarity on what data is presented. The “last updated” field is introduced in the new release. With the new functionality, it is clearly indicated if a widget displays real-time data (and if so, when one of the values displayed in the widget was last updated) or if the widget displays historical data, as per the selection in the period picker.
Access to real time data from things in multiple domains
With the new release, users can be given access to real time updates for multiple sibling domains. For example, a user in the “A” domain in the below structure can be given access to real time data from things in domain “B”.
Access to multiple domains is administered using the Permissions and User API endpoints. The user giving this access must have access to both involved domains, i.e. be a user in the “Root” domain in the above example.
Certain limitations apply, please see the API documentation for details.
This functionality is currently only available using the APIs. Corresponding functionality for the App Board is planned for future releases.
New Search API
A new API for prefix-wildcard searches has been introduced. The new API can be used for queries on Domains and Resource data, and will return a paginated result set with configurable sort field and sort order. The new API can for example be used to efficiently retrieve subsets of large datasets for rendering in user interfaces.
For further details, please see the API documentation.
Minor improvements and corrections
Numerous minor enhancements and bug fixes are delivered by the new release, including:
- Corrected content type for file download in the API endpoint /things/certificate
- For widgets displaying the count of values for a population of things in the thing type dashboard, the configured unit of the relevant Resource was previously displayed next to the count value. This was often misleading, and in the new release no unit is displayed by default for count widgets. Please note that the widgets unit field can be used for entering a widget specific unit for e.g. the count aggregation widget.
- The password rule validation has been improved in regards to special characters, and the validation message has been updated to properly indicate the set of accepted special characters.
- When rendering widgets with non-aggregated data, only the last 100 observations for each widget within the selected period should be loaded. A bug resulted in that fewer than 100 values was loaded in certain scenarios, which has now been corrected.
- Fixed issue with unintentional reuse of images uploaded for process widgets in scenarios where several process widgets shared the same Thing Type and ID number.