Version 2.49 (2019-12-10)
Technical documentation available online
All technical documentation for Managed IoT Cloud, including API specifications, Release Notes and Getting Started Guides, are available online: https://docs.telenorconnexion.com/mic/
New user interface for managing and searching domains
A new user interface is introduced for Domains in the App Board. The new interface is based on level-by-level navigation reflecting the domain tree structure, with pagination for large data sets to cater to setups including large number of domains.
Users can drill down in the domain tree by clicking the relevant domain. Breadcrumbs at the top of the screen provide an overview and navigational control for moving upwards in the domain tree.
When a domain is clicked, an overview of the settings for the selected domain is available at the top of the screen. Buttons to open the edit dialogue for a domain or to delete a domain are available both in the overview section and in the domain listing.
The new user interface also includes a search function that will list matching domains, including their full paths.
Rules editor enhancements
Parts of the rule configuration interface has been redesigned to improve the user experience for the selection of things that the rule will operate on. The layout has been changed to three columns: Thing Types, Domains and Things.
The Things drop down is optionally used, and if no individual things are selected, the rule will operate on all things matching the Domain and Thing Type criteria (i.e. Things of the specified Thing Type that reside in the selected Domain, including its subdomains if any).
Consequently, the Things dropdown will be filtered based on the current selections for Thing Type and Domains.
Additional branding capabilities
The branding section in the App Board can be used to control certain aspects of the look and feel of the user interface, including colors and logotypes. In the new release, the possibility to alter the brand-related part of the string appearing in the browser tab (the “Telenor Connexion”-part of the text that also includes navigational information) has been added.
In a future release, it will also be possible to customize the favicon displayed in the browser tab.
Advanced Permissions (BETA)
Work is ongoing to complete a first official version of our new Advanced Permissions functionality. We will need a few more releases to complete this work and will keep you updated on the progress.
Minor improvements and corrections
Minor enhancements and bug fixes are delivered by the new release, including:
- Added the QR code (linking to a mobile friendly simulator app) for the thing type “Simulator” to the thing overview pane
- Improved information text describing the possibility to see all events in the events drop down menu
- Added possibility to right click the “Simulate” button to open the advanced Thing simulation controls in a new window (or tab) and keep the dashboard open in the background
- Improved handling of access control for users editing dashboards originating in a parent domain
- Fixed rendering overflow for certain screen sizes in the Data Export and Signup interfaces
- Fixed issue that the battery icon was sometimes visible even if the thing summary was hidden
- Fixed issues with Dynamic Widget in Internet Explorer 11