Version 2.9 (2017-01-18)
New implementation for the Thing Event API
The Thing Event API provides real time data from the MQTT broker to users with appropriate permissions. This is the mechanism that allows e.g. “live” resource updates in dashboards. In release 2.9, the underlying components for this functionality and API have been replaced to improve efficiency and reliability.
MQTT-based logging from the LoRa mediator
For developers of LoRa-based applications on Cloud Connect, a function that republishes the LoRa mediator’s log entries on a specific MQTT topic has been introduced. The logging messages are available to users of the mediator and will facilitate development and debugging of LoRa based applications.
Minor improvements and corrections
Numerous minor enhancements and bug fixes are delivered by the new release, including:
- Fixed issue with dashboards rendering without widgets before the first payload had been received (see item 5.3 below)
- The preview pane displayed when configuring the branding for a Cloud Connect instance is now centered.
- Domain ID, instead of domain label, was previously displayed in some parts of the user interface.
- Fixed issue with filtering in map-widget, where the filter was previously not correctly applied.
- Several updates for the LoRa mediator.