Version 2.64 (2021-01-20)
The Cloud API will be removed 30 April 2021
In late October, we announced that the Cloud API and all its endpoints will be removed by 30 April 2021. Please review your code to ensure you are not using the Cloud API. Kindly use Cloud REST API and Graph QL API instead.
Technical documentation available online
All technical documentation for Managed IoT Cloud, including API specifications, Release Notes, and Getting Started Guides, are available online: https://docs.telenorconnexion.com/mic/
Networked Things enhancements
When changing domain for a parent Thing, you now have options on what to do with the networked Things (the children)
- By default, the domain of the networked Things follows the parent Thing
- Optionally, you can choose not to change domain of the networked Things (this shall only be used with great care)
- If you are changing the domain for a networked Thing to a different domain than the parent, you will (in App Board) be requested to confirm that the networked Thing shall be moved away from the domain of the parent
It is generally recommended to keep the networked Things in the same domain as the parent.
We have added an introduction to MIC on the landing page https://docs.telenorconnexion.com/mic/ and also updated the general getting started guides.
We have also improved and clarified the documentation on MQTT topics, how they work and what topics are accessible as a Cognito authenticated user - including clarifying that the $aws-prefixed topics are not available for Cognito authenticated users (Thing Update API). We also give examples on how to subscribe to changes for a thing that is not directly under the root domain.
In this release we add the possibility to copy an existing role in App Board. The copied role can be used as a starting point for a new role, simplifying and speeding role management. Copying a role can be done either from the roles list or from inside the role detail page. When copying the role, you are asked for a new role name. The rest of the role is copied exactly as is, meaning you will need to do updates to the role it make it usable.
One of the items in the known limitations list have been solved, below described as it reads in the Permissions Guide.
- All users must have one System Role on their home domain. It is not possible to remove the System Role from a user, but you can replace it with another System Role.
The solution means you can now, using the API, create a user without supplying any role. This means you can create users without system roles and instead assign tailored roles to the user. App Board will be updated to support this fully in the next releases and when done, the Permissions guide will be updated.
The following updates and bug fixes to improve both usability and functionality are included in the release:
- Fixed issue in the Search API where available resources could not be retrieved under certain circumstances
- Fixed issue with dashboards not being editable for users with cross domain access
Documentation on Permissions
- Guide to Permissions
- User Guide MIC App Board
- Presentation “Introduction to Permissions” (available on request as a pdf document)
Further Permissions capabilities will be added
Permissions will be extended with more capabilities over time, both by tackling known limitations and adding new capabilities. Please get in touch should you miss any specific capability.
Minor improvements and corrections
Minor enhancements and bug fixes are delivered by the new release, including:
- Fixed issue with tooltips not being shown in the the table components
- Fixed issue with rules not being listed for very large number of rules