Version 2.26 (2018-05-03)
Request for input on current usage of the File API (no later than 14/5)
A new version of the file API is released in 2.26. To secure practical migration paths and facilitate decommissioning of the current File API, we kindly request developers and customers that use the current File API to get in touch with us as soon as possible (and no later than the 14/5) for discussion and planning.
Technical documentation available online
All technical documentation for Managed IoT Cloud, including API specifications, Release notes and Getting Started Guides, are available online: https://docs.telenorconnexion.com/mic/
New version of the File API, including REST API support
A new version of the File API is released. The new API covers typical operations for files across the following buckets:
- Public – for files that should be publicly available.
- Root – for files that are relevant at the MIC instance.
- Thing Name – for files related to a specific Thing.
- Thing Type – for files related to a specific Thing Type.
For additional information and details, please see the API documentation.
Additional geo-fence definition method in API
An additional method for defining a geo-fence has been added to the Rules API. The new method is based on one center coordinate and the radius of a circle. This method is intended to allow detection of proximity (e.g. proximity to a “point of interest”) without requiring a coordinate-by-coordinate definition of the geo-fence.
In the current release, the new method is not fully supported when configuring Rules in the App Board user interface.
Additional fields for user data
Three additional fields for miscellaneous information have been added to the user data, and correspondingly, the sign up and user settings dialogues in App Board.
These fields are intended for scenarios where an administrator would like to collect some additional information (e.g. role requested by a user that sign up, serial number of a physical product that the user bought) to facilitate the sign up process.
Generic mechanism for user consent or agreement acceptance for new users
An generic mechanism that require users to accept certain text (for example a Terms and Conditions document, or a text about consent to store certain data in the system) before using the MIC platform has been added. The new mechanism is turned on or off (default is off) per instance by request to the Telenor Connexion Service Desk.
If the user consent mechanism is tuned on, an administrator will be able to upload a PDF document in the Settings -> System Management section.
Only users that are flagged as having accepted the PDF document will be able to use the MIC platform. The following mechanisms are used to control the flag per user, if the mechanism is turned on.
- The self-signup procedure will not be possible to complete without accepting the document.
- Existing users will be presented with the accept dialogue at the first login after the accept mechanism is turned on.
- Administrators are able to revoke a previous accept for a user, to trigger a new accept (as per the item above) for e.g. an updated PDF document.
Minor improvements and corrections
Numerous minor enhancements and bug fixes are delivered by the new release, including:
- Minor improvements and bug fixes for the Device Management functionality and user interface in App Board
- To facilitate troubleshooting of REST API requests, support for CORS headers in the response have been added.
- Improved permission checks for rule filters on individual things.
- Fixed issue with “Policy not found” error messages after a period of inactivity.