Version 2.70 (2021-05-25)
Technical documentation available online
All technical documentation for Managed IoT Cloud, including API specifications, Release Notes, and Getting Started Guides, are available online: https://docs.telenorconnexion.com/mic/
Support for replacement of SIM and physical devices communicating through IoT Gateway
For devices communicating through IoT Gateway, we now enable support for replacement of the SIM card and the physical device while keeping the data history from the former device. If the SIM card and/or the device is replaced, it is now possible to update the referring IMSI and/or IMEI on the corresponding Thing in MIC in order to keep the history of the former device sensor data observations. The typical use case is a device being broken in the field and being replaced with a new one where you want to keep the history of the connected sensor data.
Should you instead want to leave the history with the old MIC Thing, just create a new MIC Thing for the new device and it will have no history.
Minor improvements and corrections
Minor enhancements and bug fixes are delivered by the new release, including:
- Eased validation on special characters for username in App Board. We now allow UTF-8 encoded characters in the username, e.g. åÅäÄöÖ.
- Fixed an issue in edit transform in App Board (transforms are available for customers using IoT GW).
- The refresh token expiration time has been changed from 30 to 7 days.
- Fixed an issue where nested resources where typed wrongly when not supplying the type for already typed and reported nested resources.
- Fixed an issue when assigning a role to a pending user in App Board.
- Fixed an issue where the supplied timestamp using backdated observations option 1 (topic $aws/things//shadow/update) where not taken into consideration when indexing the observation.