Version 2.21 (2018-01-16)
Changes to the APIs due to upgrade of Elasticsearch
As previously announced, since release 2.18 MIC has support for Elasticsearch versions 2.3 and 5.5. During an interim period intended to facilitate migration to Elasticsearch 5.5, the version used for each individual Customer account can be configured. The upgrade will impact the Observation API, Thing API and Event API since these APIs allow developers to query Elasticsearch directly, and there are differences in the Elasticsearch query syntax between the two versions. Depending on how these APIs are used, updated queries might be required in bespoke applications. If you are using the Elasticsearch query capability in the any of these APIs, you are kindly requested to contact Telenor Connexion for joint establishment of a migration plan.
Technical documentation available online
All technical documentation for Managed IoT Cloud, including API specifications, Release notes and Getting Started Guides, are available online: https://docs.telenorconnexion.com/mic/
Thing Type and Resources Management
We are introducing a tool to manage all your Thing Type Resources and their attributes. It is found in a new section in the Settings top menu, called Thing Types. In this release we are introducing
- List all Thing Types and the domain where they are defined
- List all Thing Type attributes (per Thing Type). The Thing Type attributes are ID, Label, Description and Domain
- List all Resources per Thing Type
- List all Resource attributes (per Resource). The attributes are Name, Label, Data type, Unit, Settable (if Cloud API can change the state of the Resource) and Virtual (If the Resource is reported from the Thing or just Virtual) No edit is available at this point, it will be added in later coming releases.
In the process widget customers can upload an image of a machine or a machine process and add overlay resources to get a visual monitoring view of the process with multiple resources.
All API:s are now available as REST, please see online API documentation for details.
Improved selection tool in rule edit
In rule edit, both the selection of Domains and Thing Types has been improved with search to cater for better usability, especially when number of Domains and Thing Types become large.
Added sorting in the Things Lists
Almost all of the columns are now possible to sort on, including added columns containing resources. A few limitations apply: it is not possible to sort of Last Heard From and
Minor improvements and corrections
Numerous minor enhancements and bug fixes are delivered by the new release, including:
- Improved security at login by not revealing whether a user exists if some part of the user credentials are incorrect
- Fixed issue with rule triggering under certain circumstances when using backdated observation and time comparison